Posted by John | Posted in Jailbreak iPod Touch Versions | Posted on 22-07-2011
Are you excited to try and jailbreak iPod Touch 3g 4.2.1? Jailbreaking iPod is a trend that many of the users are choosing because of the advantages provided by several applications available outside the Apple store. Although Apple has been quite committed in restricting third party apps to be run on the iPod device, many users have somehow seen the importance of lifting it off for better use.
After all, the full potential of the iPod will be better appreciated if the right applications are used. Who would not want enhanced camera and video features? What’s more exciting is that making your device a Wi-Fi hotspot. This article will show how 3rd generation iPod running on 4.2.1 firmware can be jailbroken.
Great Easy Steps to Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G 4.2.1
Just like any other jailbreaking process, there are some things to consider. The first one is chooosing the right jailbreak tool to be used. Make sure that one’s iPod is already updated in the latest firmware. In this case, iPod should be running on 4.2.1 firmware. Here’s the rest of the step-by-step instructions that will pave way for your jailbroken iPod in minutes.
1. Make sure that the you have the right jaibreak tool which is compatible with the OS of the PC. Do not forget to update the latest firmware in case you have not done so.
2. Select the jailbreak tool and click on “Browse.” Continue with the intsrcutions that will be flashed on the screen and just select “Next.” By this time, the tool is preparing to jailbreak your iPod.
3. Select the “Install Cydia” on you options. This will enable the iPod Touch 3G running 4.2.1.
4. Before doing any further, turn off your iPod before connecting it to the PC via USB cable.
5. This time, bring the iPod into DFU mode. This is done by pressing down the home and pwer button. Release the power button after 10 seconds and let the home button after 15 seconds.
6. The jailbreak tool will then do its job after detecting the iPod in DFU mode. Wait for the whole process to get finished.
7. Once it is done, the iPod will restart automatically. You have just jailbroken your iPod successfully.
After this process, the user is now free to run several applications on the device. Keep in mind that once a device has been jailbroken, it loses its warranty from the Apple. But one need not worry because it is still possible to unjailbreak the iPod. With few instructions provided by jailbreak tool, it is easy to restore it in the original settings. The best part is that it goes undetected so one can still avail the Apple warranty.
Tips and Recommendations
Since jailbreaking is completely legal, there’s really no harm in trying out this great avenue in order to experience the best of the iPod world. In fact, many people have been quite fascinated with lots of features that can somehow bring convenience in everyday living. Of course, one should still exercise wise decision in choosing the jailbreak tool. This is to ensure that only great quality software works on your iPod so that there’s no fear of crashing, bricking or hamful viruses. One great tip is checking out the feedbacks from several iPod users. They can give the best advises on those tools. Check out out forums and some trending sites which commands if not thousands but millions of fans on Apple gadgets. If the site has the 24/7 customer support, then that’s another plus factor.
If you are among those who are wondering where you could possibly find the best jailbreak tool, then no need to look elsewhere. Visit: Software To Jailbreak iPod touch 3G 4.2.1
Experiencing the various third party applications is already a treat to all iPod users. Don’t just be contented with a few ones because you just haven’t started jaillbreaking yet. When you want more, then move. Visit:How To Jailbreak iPod touch 3G 4.2.1